Thursday, July 26, 2007

..Change

Indeed I have decided to search for a further endeavor once again in
this rollercoaster I call life..over the last month I have created mixed
emotions that have exploded into numerous epiphanies..all leading to one
ultimate revelation..its time for a change, a drastic change..one of
major proportions, that will mold a new outlook for me..many a time can
I tell myself that a change can take place, but to do it is totally the
latter..I want to go to a foreign place in my mind, visions unexplored
and untapped..scary as it may be, I need it..
I spoke with my boy troy the other day, its been a minute since we
spoke...since that tragedy that took such a beautiful soul from this
earth...we spoke on occasions but then lost touch for almost a month, so
it was great to talk to him again..he's leavin, movin on to otha things,
tryna find a median from whas been taken from him almost 2 months ago to
what he has to look forward to in the next day..as we finished the
convo, he left me wit this.."get outta sac e, aint nuthin here for us
man"...got me thinkin, besides the fam and friends, what else has been
introduced to me in the past year..nothin major enough to pack up and
leave today, but it struck the mind..
my brotha james is leaving for atl soon, possibly a good change of pace
for him..as sad as it is to see my right hand man go, ma patna in this
6'4 game, I look at it as a blessing in disguise..he has the potential
to change scenery and change the way he does things, so for that I'm
happy..and for james, ill continue to pray for his success, as I pray
for all my close boys..change is good, especially when u have the chance
to enhance yourself..keep it pushin to da..I see u!..and as soon as I
get a chance, we hittin magic city
as far as my changes, I need it..I strive and stir for it, so I'm gonna
make it happen..I've gon back and forth with the aspect of possibly
relieving myself of the life I have built in my hometown of
sacramento..scary as it may be, its also intriguing to my mind...only
way I go anywhere tho is with the stability to improve and further
achieve my goals of success..funny thing about this epiphany, is that
this time...THIS TIME...a change is imminent..and that means
something..will..happen.

I still look to tha skies and ask ma unc for inspiration, as he was a
man always on the move, not afraid to jump off the edge to see what lay
below..and no matta what happened, he made the best out of a
situation...growth as a man..that piece he left within me..and I can't
let that go away.

....

..btw..I'm ready for it now..I looked in the mirror, and my conscience
spoke to me..told me I'm ready..so claire huxtable..watch out. lol.

1 comment:

PrettyBlack said...

When I moved from sac to texas, houston, I lived, I kicked it I had fun, and I found a greater appreciation for where I wanted to be, and that was back in cali, on the west coast. Like above the law says; Palm trees, low-riders and movie stars. Sometimes it takes getting away to appreciate what you left.

My friend Lynn was gung ho on the south "I'm moving to hotlanta" that was her thing, she was back in less than a year...Why? Because it's still the south, and outside of Atlanta there are some places that are still pretty segregated although not overtly but... So many Black folks in one place, cause they dare not venture out too tough. It's the same everywhere Eric, clubs, dubs and thugs.

You have a fire personality you can mix with anyone and you would do great anywhere, go places, do things, find you before you settle down. Live your life with no regrets. Do it big while you can.

If I were you I'd hit Seattle, Diverse, poetry spots appreciated, things you like...