Song of the day- "Crazy" by Snoop Dogg ft. Nate Dogg- "I really love ma dogs, grew up togetha and all, but he's always up to no good!"
So today I felt like digging into my surroundings and throwing an ode out to my closest folks. The ones who I am usually around who know me the best pretty much: My dudes, my boys, dem cats.. Whatever you wanna call em.
First off, ma best friend Q (Marques).. Ive known my dude since 3rd grade, and we really been best friends since then. Thats 15-16 some odd years of going thru it all with Q.We have a million inside jokes, its unreal. Hes the one that will say the same thing as me at the same time.. From the days in elementary school when I used to have to walk him to the office to call his mom and get some allergy medicine cause his allergies were so bad that he couldn't see, to the random times I would go over his house ( he lived like 3 minutes away from me..) and have to wait for him to finish his pushups before we could go outside. He used to get in trouble with pops, and instead of a whippin, mr. military dad would make Q do pushups.. I used to try and help out by doing some with him so he wouldnt feel bad LOL. To the days of him almost breaking his neck while riding home from summer school cause he was going so hard to Busta Rhymes Break ya neck LOL. He couldnt move his neck for almost a week. Or how about all the times we used to meet at the spot, "jackinthebox" to figure out what we were gonna do, only to just get a chicken sandwich and fries and end up doing absolutely nothing. Maybe the time we almost came to blows in front of the cash register at a function that we threw (an actual club event, over a miscommunication..the people trying to get in were wondering why the promoters were ready to fight). Ive been through it all with Q, the ups, the downs.. the ins and outs.. both of us having our own spot, our own cars, but NEVER having a stable lady friend at the same time. Its never failed, if im dating someone, he aint.. if he is, im single.. LOL. Q is probably the one person I can call my brother in arms, cause I know in an instant he would drop something and come swoop his boy out of a bind. Let him tell it, he swears if I ever have a problem with someone he will handle it like hes a bodyguard or something. LOL. Id take a bullet for Q, with no delay.
Next on the list is my boy JD. Or J to Da, or 6'4 ( since we both are the same height.. he somehow is taller on a given day but whos countin.) Me and JD havent known each other as long as Q and I have, but I still consider JD a great friend. Hes an honest dude who has a strong emotional side to him, as long as you keep it real with him. Let JD tell it, he gave me my style HAHA.. JD is my bbq partner, we both throw down on the Que. We both have older sisters, so we share a knowledge of certain things about women (we both used to grab the curling iron for our mommas when they were doin our sisters hair when we were younger LOL). He also shares the promotions flair with me. So we got a lot in common and that is why we so coo. I can honestly say Ive never had to worry about JD crossing me in a negative sense, or him stepping on my toes. The brotha is genuine and a good friend. We had our one lil misunderstanding, but of course worked that out in no time, like true folks do. SO big ups to J to DA! Pop bottles 6'4!
Next off, Ill include all my boys from this pic. Starting from left to right... Chris rob, DJ Rip 1(Richard) Terell, JD, BJ,, ME, Q, and Otis down there with his head turned away.
- Chris is the youngest of the group, acts like it .. but is still good natured, just gotta stay on him and make sure he stays the right route...
- Rip 1! thats ma dj! hes our dj for our weekly spot, can mix his ass off, and is an overall coo cat, level headed to say the least. You can always expect a big "whassup" from rip 1.
- Terell (or as i call him TEEEEEEEEE) is a classic cat. A mature dude who is a visionary. You can have a goofy convo with terell (pizzard!) or you can have a good man to man convo about serious issues. Rells also my WWE folks!! You can count on T to have the next PPV event at his house. big ups to Rell..
- BJ is, well. BJ. Hes that dude that just is himself. He has a bit of a temper, is always good to buy you a drink just for the hell of it, and at times has great ideas that you think about and say, "wow... I woulda never thought of that".. And you can always count on this fool to have on a new bright ass shirt. LOL.
- Odie is quiet at times, can clown you on a whim, and has that Oakland feel to him. LOL, I mean he is from the town so yea. Quick witted, and if you ever lose anything, Odie will find it.. I lost my keys one day at the club, O was like, "they right ova there..." saw them in a big crowd of folks.. LOL.
- Im missing out on a picture of Tristin and Brandon T....
- Tris is the point guard of the crew, lil babyfaced cat that all the girls swoon over LOL. Hes an even dude, if that makes any sense.. never really rattled, I can say Ive never seen Tristin extremely angry, he just composes and does him. A good quality to have.
- Brandon T, AKA Cereus B.T. Kingsley is the folks. Hes a comedian, look out for him by the way he's gonna blow up soon. But B is very down to earth, he provides the joking aspect of life, as his tatoo says, "why stress, Brandon T really doesnt care!".. Yea thats tatted on him. Thats dedication to the hakuna matata way of life on the real. But dont get in twisted, B can also have a great convo on real life situations, our talks on women and theories are always insightful and full of great laughs..
They always say you are who you surround yourself with, and I have had the opportunity to be surrounded with a plethora of interesting souls.. I havent always been the closest with all of em, some of em get on my damn nerves on the regular, some are immature, others are about their business.. but all in all, when it comes down to it, I know that we all can be around each other at some point in time and enjoy laughs. So big ups to the boys.. MAGNUM UP!!