Friday, February 29, 2008

Cold Game

Song of the day-"Slippin" by Lil Kim- "fuckem and leave em then they afta ya paper, put a hole in the condom and say that you raped her..." Real talk.

I call it the baby boy complex. The situation where at any point in time a man/woman will become so smitten by their old work/ex/in between counterpart that it draws them to insane acts of violence towards the car, other party, cell phone thru text messages, so on and so forth. After "baby boy" came out, so did more and more cases of these situations. And as I go thru the experiences vicariously through others, it makes me laugh more and more.

One thing I am learning and learning as I grow and mature is the nasty nature of the relationship beast. He's a mean one, mr grinch.. I experienced it first hand last night at our party (pictures comin soon).. How in the world can someone become so head over heels for a "girlfriend", "lover", etc that it leads to physical encounters?!? choking?! for real though?.. I mean i can understand the deepness of say a marriage, the ultimate form of monogamy, but I mean cmon now, these small time relationships, lasting less than a year or something, with these "I love them after a month" loves.. And then all of a sudden when you see ole girl with the next cat, you lash out on her by attackin her throat witcha hands? at the club? *shaking my head*..

Oh but its not all his fault, cause ole girl definitely was with him only 2 weeks ago, and all of a sudden after a 2 week breakup you already have a new dude? and yall are hugged up in the club? This is definitely the part of the game I must have been sleeping on when I was in class.. And in the end, the new dude wants a piece of the old dude cause the in-between chick has caused conflict for being that girl at the club. Knowingly going to a spot she knows her old dude will be at, knowing he has an issue seeing her with other men, and knowing hes asked her to at least respect him and not throw anything in his face. I'm not condoning the Ike Turner tactics that my friend used, not at all.. at the same rate, i blame the "baby boy" complex, and these peoples lack of appreciation and maturity for building relationships these days, which of course like I have said so many times before, is a lost art.

I was frustrated by what went down last night for 2 reasons. First, its opened up a can of worms I dint care to deal with. Friends on 2 different sides of my track now have an acclimated beef towards each other, which may cause an implosion anytime these so called parties are around each other(which out here isn't hard to do..) Second, it just further makes my quarrels with the relationship game be realized, and also makes me happy I don't have to deal with that. Just imagine a frustrated me walkin around the club with no enthusiasm while most everyone else is tryna find their work for the night, get that much more tipsy, or scrunch around on our little ass dancefloor.. LOL.

My thought of the day: Yea I know women say men are dogs, but ill be damned if the female dogs of society aint catching up with us at a rapid pace. We all greyhounds in the race for the relationship trophy, and these females nowadays are catching up to the men in the dog race...cold game. You can say all you want to about women turning that way because of men, this and that, I believe that its plain and simple disrespect for monogamy..

7 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

I think it depends on the way you broke up... if it was a mutual agreement and there were no hard feeling then I think she was dead wrong for rubbing it in his face... although if they broke up because he cheated then I feel she had every right... even if it was for show... Guys have to understand that they hardly EVER show emotion... EVER... so as women, any emotion we can get... including anger will give us some solice... but I feel like that also comes with maturity the multitude and lengths that you'll go to get that attention... and for real... I blame the dude who was the friend of your boy... a hoe and a pimp are going to be a hoe and a pimp, but if that was suppose to be his boy and he went ahead pick up the trash ya boy threw out, then he aint really a friend of ya boy.

Mizrepresent said...

Nice post, very mature thinking for a young man.

Desy said...

oooooh- it's moments like those that make me SO happy i've been single for 23 years 10 months and sum'odd days (had a few two weekers and one 1monther...lol)

plus- when it comes to building a romance with depth... i wanna know you can tread water for some length (most guys get tired real quick- which doesn't work for a girl like me)...

i just hope you don't get sucked in...

Brittany said...

I agree. Females are just as crazy.

CHA CHA said...

Im glad Im not in that ring anymore!!!


On another note


most everyone else is tryna find their work for the night, ....LOVES IT!

Monie said...

Cool blog. I'll be coming back. I need to read archives. Check me out when you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Very insightful man you are...